Board of Governors
- The MRUC has an elected Board of Governors with provision for 24 members, drawn equally from each category of membership.
- The four membership categories are: Advertisers, Advertising Agencies, Publishers, Broadcast and Other Media
- The Board elects a Chairman, who retires by rotation every two years.
- The Chairmanship of the Board is rotated across each of the membership categories
- All members of the Board are top management functionaries from the Indian Media/Advertiser/Agency organizations who give their time and counsel to the MRUC voluntarily.
The Technical and Administrative (Finance and Marketing) functions of the Council are guided by the respective Committees
The MRUC Technical Committee under the guidance of the Board of Governors and with user’s feedback decides on the following aspects of the Research:
- The Technical Committee of MRUC is the central & vital arm of MRUC, bringing in the knowledge and the resource for enabling MRUC to meet ever-growing research challenges.
- The Technical Committee lays down stringent measures for processes of data capture, data validations, field monitoring, back checks for fieldwork quality.
- Approve Design & Methodology
- The sample size and coverage of the study, the most critical aspects of the research are reviewed and approved by the Technical Committee to ensure proper representation for a vast country like India.
- Finalise data requirements and reporting
- Decision on information areas that are essential for the study.
- Participate in field briefing
- The field force is briefed in the presence of the Technical Committee, to receive a direct feedback to any problems and issues in conducting the fieldwork.
- And the Field force is also encouraged by the involvement of the Technical Committee in the project.
- Monitor progress of fieldwork
- Fieldwork is monitored periodically through progress reports by the MRUC Secretariat & the Technical Committee
- Field Back checks
- To check the quality of fieldwork, the Technical Committee involves itself on field accompaniments and back checks.
- Validation of data prior to release
- The Technical Committee undertakes data validation to ensure that the data is reliable.
Finance & Administrative Committee
The Finance & Admin Committee is responsible for ensuring Financial prudence and compliance.
Marketing Committee provides inputs on promotion and pricing of the various research projects, training workshops for the benefit of members, conducting seminars on key trends in the market etc.
The MRUC has a full-time Secretariat, headed by a Chief Executive Officer and supported by a full complement of Technical, Servicing and Administrative staff.
The Secretariat is the hub on all aspects of the Research and provides the necessary interface to all Users.
Back to Top