Radio has reemphasized its presence as a strong medium of advertising since the launch of Private FM stations in 2001.
Growth in FM Listenership
Source: IRS 2001-2006 (Listened to Radio in the last one week)
Indian Listenership Track
While in Mumbai and Kolkata, FM listenership has more than doubled, Delhi has registered a phenomenal increase in Radio listenership.
Hence the initiative in tracking Radio Audience by MRUC.
- Radio is a rapidly growing medium with an average of 3-4 channels in each city
- FM stations are present in far more cities than a couple of years ago
- Radio is garnering a greater slice of advertising pie
- Indian Listenership Track was initiated in 2004 to meet the needs of the broadcasters, advertisers and advertising agency
- 12 reports have been released since the inception of ILT in 2004